Where is all the fun and frolics happening in the City? The Markets!
Many people that we spoke to on the street felt that the Markets Area was “empty”, “quiet”, “shabby”, “industrial”, “officey”, “functional”, “dreary”…not exactly a fun place to visit then!
As part of our distilling processes (ie where we review what people had said to us on the streets or as we went around visiting them at their workplace), we noticed 11 main themes. These were (in no particular order)…
- Lack of Identity / Vision
- Lack of Navigation
- Lack of Knowing the System (of the area)
- Lack of Fun and Lightness
- Lack of Safety
- Lack of Diversity and Vibrancy
- Lack of Communication
- Lack of Facilities
- Lack of Linkages
- Lack of Ownership / Citizenship
- Lack of Diversity of Businesses
I’m looking at item 4 above…lack of fun and lightness in the area.
Wish me luck! :)